ADU BOT Meeting Minutes 07/14/10
AUSTIN DRESSAGE UNLIMITED
BOARD OF DIRECTORS
JULY 14, 2010
President Dennis Riddlemoser – Meeting called to order at 7:00 pm
Education Team – Cean Embrey
- Dinner & Live Speak Saturday, July 17, 2010 5:30 pm
- Guest Speaker Herr Christian Bachinger, Bereiter Spanish Riding School of Vienna, at Reiterhof Dressage in south Austin
- Board will give Christian Bachinger a copy of the ADU Cookbook
- The combination of riding clinic during the day and evening lecture is approved for USDF University credit
- ADU Dinner & DVD Night Sunday, July 25, 2010
- Stern's home in Hutto, Texas featuring Texas Ranch BBQ
- DVD - Hubertus Schmidt dressage training videos.
- Dressage Simulator - Dressage Foundation has awarded ADU a $1000 grant to host the Dressage Simulator
- Annual ADU Membership Party and ADU-University graduation Saturday, November 13, 2010
- Hosted by Willie & Debbie Graves of Oakhaven Farm in south Austin
- Judge’s Seminar February 19th and February 20th, 2011
- Georgetown Public Library
- Possible speaker - Maryall Barnett
- ADU University update – Many students not meeting requirements for turning in updates to Cean
Financial Team – Robin Whittenbaugh
- No new members
- Amount in checking ?
- Amount in savings
Show Team – Lori Snyder
- Possible workshop in August
- Possible practice show in October in conjunction with Hy-Court in Cedar Creek
- September Workshop – September 11, 2010
- Communication Team is working on policies and procedures for the team
Special Projects Team
- Annual Membership Party and Graduation – Oakhaven
- Racewood Dressage Simulator will be available for members and guests for a fee at the party and graduation
- Dinner – Determine caterer
- Band –Kate to contact band
- Silent Auction – Identify team for silent auction
- Designate a page on the web site specifically for Annual Party/Graduation and Dressage Simulator
- Kate Bremmer from Forest Horse is willing to sell the ADU cookbook on her web site
- ADU representative will need to take books to Kate Bremmer
- Gwen made motion to provide books for Kate Bremmer to sell on line seconded by Kate
- Motion passed unanimously
- Article about the ADU Cookbook will be in the August issue of Lone Star Horse Report magazine.
Request for Sponsorship
- In order for ADU to maintain its not-for-profit status, the organization needs to follow certain IRS rules regarding how the money ADU makes is spent
- Expectation that ADU will provide some grants or scholarships to either other not-for-profit organizations or possibly individuals.
- Carol is working with an accountant to learn more about specific requirements regarding use of funds
- The board discussed the idea of providing grants or scholarships to other not-for-profit organizations or individuals.
- The board voted to allow individual grants or scholarships of up to $100 for workshops and other ADU or other board approved events, but then the board voted down the motion and decided that grants or scholarships will only be granted to other not-for-profit organizations
- The following discussion took place
- Total grants allotted would be $1,000
- Individuals must apply for grants
- Grant application would need to be created
- Up to $100 for riding seminars, judging seminars attending as future judge or auditing judges seminar I don’t remember how this was worded, but it wasn’t just for judges.
- Up to $400 per year for a total
- Motion amended and following discussion took place
- Grants up to $400 per request to other GMOs and possibly other non profits I was thinking it was $400 total, not per request, but others might know
- ADU will provide grants as required by IRS rules
- Up to $1,000 a year or as required by IRS rules
- Grants are for calendar years
- Kate made a motion to approve grants for GMOS and other not-for-profit organizations and Gwen seconded the motion
- Jonathan Wentz, Para Equestrian Qualified for World Equestrian Games
- Request for sponsorship or grant from ADU
- After discussion ADU Board voted not to sponsor Jonathan Wentz as an individual.
- Young Riders request for grant to purchase items for World Equestrian Games
- ADU Board decided to sponsor the young riders
- Motion made by Lynn to grant young riders $150.00 in support of the national competition. Robin seconded the motion.
- BACH – GMO requested a grant from ADU for a USDF-University approved clinic to be held in March 18-20, 2011
- A grant of $150 was suggested.
- Cean made a motion to provide grant to BACH, motion seconded by Trish
- The board discussed requests for links on web site
- Communication Team will bring their ideas to next board meeting for links based on sponsorship of ADU, possibly based on categories of giving.
- Nominations for GMO Volunteer Awards
- Lynn will provide nomination criteria in future email
- The board discussed providing a basket for the USDF Convention
- Kate will put together a basket which will include an ADU Cookbook and cooking utensils